Old 07-10-11, 11:54 AM
JCS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
angry and insane pedestrian follows me to work and complains to my boss

Hey everyone, I have browsed this forum before but this morning something crazy happened and I wanted to post about it.

I work at McDonald's and I commute there by riding my bicycle. I ride on the sidewalks because I travel along a 4 lane highway that becomes 6 lanes. The speed limit is 45mph on this road but people go 55-60. What's more, my Uncle was killed riding his bicycle two years ago when he was riding alongside the road (though he was killed in a rural two lane street by a drunk driver).

So today I am riding along on the sidewalk, in my McDonald's uniform, on my way to work, and there's this old lady wearing nothing but shorts and a sports bra jogging with a little dog. I didn't even get within 5 feet of this lady because I always ride onto the grass whenever I have to pass pedestrians. I was approaching this lady, still 15 feet away, when she starts talking loudly saying "You're supposed to ride in the street! You're supposed to ride in the street, you know that?"

As I pass her she changes directions and starts jogging behind me continuing her tirade "What you're doing is illegal! I know this, I ride my bike all the time! You have to ride in the street!"

I screamed at her "F-- you b----!" and continued on my way.

So I get to McDonald's, and I have just been working for 30 minutes or so when the same old lady shows up, I chain my bike up right outside and it's obvious that's the one I work at. The crazy lady doesn't even come inside but just opens the door and gestures for the manager. Luckily my manager is a Mexican immigrant who is the most laid back manager every.

The lady complained about me to the manager outside, from what my manager said the lady complained that I cussed her out, which was true. But when my manager told her she didn't care because it didn't happen on McDonald's property, the lady then made allegations that I threatened to steal her purse, which was a total lie, obviously because she didn't even have a purse because she was out jogging.

After that the lady went away and everything continued as normal but I just wanted to share this story.