Old 06-23-05, 08:21 PM
Digital Gee
I need more cowbell.

Bikes: 2015 Specialized Sirrus Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Out for my evening ride a couple of neighborhoods from mine (a place called Kensington). I'm on my way home when I approach a 4-way and a pick up truck and I arrive about the same time, he's in the street crossing mine. He gives me a wave through the intersection. I'm back to speed when there's a loud BEEP! right next to me, quite startling I must say, and when I glance to the left, it's him! I'm thinking, uhoh, he's pissed or something, but no, he waves to me like he knows me! I don't recognize him but figure, what the heck perhaps i do know him from somewhere so I wave back.

He drives off, and then he pulls into a parking lot for a liquor store. I pass by moments later, and I could swear he's whistling at me as though to get my attention. By now I am wondering WHO IS THIS GUY? so I pay no attention.

He come up to me a few minutes later on my left hand side while I'm zipping down a small hill on a main artery doing about 20, roles down his window, and starts asking me directions to somewhere but it all sounds too weird. I sort of yell out, "I can't do this!" meaning I can't talk to you and navigate this hill in this traffic, and he yells, "What???" and I repeat myself. Meanwhile he's got this silly blank eating grin on his face the whole while.

After he gets my message, (which I now think he took to mean, "I am not gay, therefore I can't do this!") he sped off and out of view. I decided to take a parallel side street the rest of the way home. I could SWEAR he was trying to pick me up!

The funny part is I'm 54, with middle age spread, and was wearing some really grungy clothes!

What a ride!

Proud member of the original Club Tombay