buzzman
----

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
Hi buzzman,

Thanks for the note and your well wishes. I just dropped the bike off at Back Bay Bikes. I do plan on posting a thread about the tar seams, and may I also quote you as well? A few of my fellow subscribers on the Ride also independently made note of those sticky tar seams.

I'm not sure about the BF policy on same-subject threads posted to multiple Forums. I had thought of A&S, as well as the Commuter and Road Cycling Forums. If had to choose one, it would be Commuting, since roadies probably wouldn't ride slowly enough to be entrapped. I'll post to Commuter now, before the heat wave abates, and let me know if you have further thoughts.

Jim

Edit: I'm posting from home, and for some reason I can't get on to threads I have not subsribed to, or post new ones, so my tar seam post, already composed, will have to wait until later today, or tomorrow.

Jim, Feel free to quote me but I've had issues with tar seams at higher speed- like on descents at 30 + mph. My experience has been they soften in the heat and what feels "sticky" at slow speeds feels slick at higher speed.