View Single Post
Old 07-13-11, 07:32 AM
realjd

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was actually just about to post a similar topic when I saw this. I was riding today down the bike lane of a fairly busy road when some kid yelled an insult (I couldn't hear it very well) out the window at me. I completely ignore it. At the next traffic light I end up ahead of them again because they're in a long line of cars and I'm in the bike lane. The light turns green, we both go. I expect more insults when they pass again but instead they throw a full can of soda at me. From a moving car. Thankfully their aim is poor because it hit the pavement right behind me instead of hitting me directly, then burst, bouncing/shooting up and hitting me in the back of my leg. The only damage was a Sprite-soaked sock. I was too stunned to think to get a plate number, and they sped off FAST immediately so I wouldn't have been able to get one anyway.

I've only been riding for the past few months and this is the first time I've had any problems with anyone. Hopefully I don't run into these stupid kids again.