Old 07-13-11, 02:56 PM
Accordion

Bikes: 2011 Cannondale CAAD10

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by ********** View Post
Rode it on Tuesday. The gates were closed from Bayside to San Joaquin Hills. You have to dismount or bunny hop to get on the dirt sides of the gates to hop in. There was construction on the flat straightaway section with the road blocked off. The narrow "pedestrian" lane was still open so you can't really go through it at speed.

Having to dismount twice is a buzzkill...I'll be climbing Newport Coast instead.
That's not the section I am talking about. That's around the BackBay. I have rode that section the past couple of days and done the dismount thing twice. Actually FOUR times since I went back that way too! I agree that it's a buzzkill but it's better than climbing for me!

Looking at the signs today more closely it is the Peters Canyon Trail that is closing for 6 months. It appears to be right around the Skating Rink on Barranca and winding around towards The District. Perhaps they are finally going to complete that section so that you won't need to ride on Harvard the couple miles or so to link the two paths!