View Single Post
Old 07-13-11, 07:36 PM
WonderMonkey

Bikes: 2011 Cannondale Quick 5, 2014 Raleigh Revenio 2.0

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 36 Posts
I'm an idiot. I knew I was being an idiot before doing the idiotic thing but rarely do I let that stop me. I had to do some repairs to my bike, then my daughters softball tourneys then this then that and suddenly it has been two weeks since I rode. I was JUST getting up to where I could go over 20 miles with the pace I like to go at. In that two weeks I lost all kinds of conditioning so I figured I would just go ahead and do a full commute on the way home (I took my bike to work this morning in my truck) and then bike BACK to work tomorrow morning. I knew it was too soon to try that but NNNOOOOOO! I went forward.

My ride from work to home was what I expected. Too far, too high of a pace, etc. When I got home my legs were aching. Tomorrow morning's ride back to work will be further because my shower place is past work. I trying to make sure I re-hydrate and re-fuel up tonight so I'm in the best shape I can before I head out. I normally don't eat before a morning ride because I want to burn the right fuel but tomorrow is about survival (sort of).