Old 07-13-11, 09:36 PM
Richard.A

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello, from the Northbay CA, Marin and Santa Rosa

Hey guys, new forum member and avid rider here. I have for the last year or so been on a 1980's converted (fixed gear) Specialized Sequia touring bike. Needless, to say I have grown tired of anticipating my stops and beating up my knees. Also the recent rise in the street culture associated with fixed gear bikes has become... well just plain silly. Don't get me wrong I love track events and enjoy watching an indie track race on the web just as much as the next guy, but I just feel that the hype/attention a single gear has been generating as of late is coming form least then favorable sources. In short, I am big on riding not big on trends and road a fixed gear to improve my technic and strength as a rider.

Just recently I have upgraded to a 2011 Trek Madone 3.1 Carbon Fiber bike. I can now finally embark on all of those long grueling rides I used to undertake earlier; before my previous road bike became MIA.

I joined this forum with the hope of increasing the circle of people I ride with, but also to meet people that share similar interests with me. Further more I hope to probe senior members for knowledge and wisdom and try to contribute to the community as best I can.( however little that may be)

Most importantly I strongly believe and practice a healthy, active, lifestyle, and feel that the majority of the members on this forum share a similar sentiment.

If you know of any rides/events in, or around the area of Santa Rosa or Marin county, do not hesitate to invite! I am always looking for a challenge, or if all else, a pleasant ride.

Cheers!

Richard A.