Old 07-15-11, 07:04 AM
njkayaker

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4256 Post(s)
Liked 1,354 Times in 940 Posts
Originally Posted by sunstorm
Sorry, I phrased part of that very poorly. I am not actually saying it is the ride organizers fault, or the solid female rider's faults or the LBS's fault. I am saying it raises some questions, for me, that on an all female ride (hence this IS a women's only ride already) all of the leadership for as long as any of the leaders can remember (so at least the last 6 years) has been all male.
What I'm saying is that if they could (easily) get women to lead the ride, they would do so. I'm assuming there's a reason/purpose for making the ride "women only" and the current (male) leaders are running the ride are doing so with that reason/purpose in mind.

For your situation, it may be a choice between having male leaders or having no ride. In my situation, given that my club is large with many women, my club would (likely) have women leaders. (Our club has 1450 members with 106 leaders, 41 of which are female.)

Originally Posted by sunstorm
Am I really the only person that thinks that on a weekly women only ride where at least 50 women are riding the leadership for as long as anyone recalls is all male? If this was a mixed group ride, it wouldn't have really struck me as odd.
You sound awfully suspicious!

Clubs are run by volunteers who don't get a lot of benefit from their volunteer work. I'd guess (if it's anything like my club) that they would be quite happy to have women lead the ride!

If it's a reasonable group, you should be able to ask the leaders about it.

Last edited by njkayaker; 07-15-11 at 07:15 AM.