Old 07-15-11, 11:44 AM
Thalia

Bikes: Diamondback Wildwood

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I do two things:

1) Eat a lot of fresh produce and minimal processed food. We cook from scratch a lot. I don't do "diet" food and don't stint on things like olive oil, pasta, avocado, butter when called for, good cheese, bacon on the brussels sprouts, and so forth -- but we don't do a lot of total junk concocted in a factory (a little total junk, sure!). I don't drink a lot of juice and never sugared soda, although I drink a shameful amount of Diet Coke, which is really my one factory fake-food addiction.

2) For a couple of years now, I've been doing "No S": No sweets, seconds, or snacks during the week, with exceptions for treats on Saturday and Sunday and "special days" like holidays or your birthday. It's not a fast weightloss plan, but it's effective and doesn't trigger binging or feelings of deprivation the way every diet I've ever been on in the past does. The (free) website is here: www.nosdiet.com, and it's great, but what I've just described is essentially the whole diet and everything you need to know. Three plates of food a day during the week, with no candy/cookies/dessert/other sweets, and nothing eaten in between. I can't believe how much of my food intake used to come from snacking! Then on the weekend you are free to have a snack or an elaborate multicourse dinner or an ice-cream cone if you want it.