Faster but still slow

Bikes: Trek 830 circa 1993 and a Fuji WSD Finest 1.0 2006

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Keith99
Bolding mine.

Seems fair. A almost always stop to be sure someone stopped is Ok. 99% of the time they are. If it is someone I know I may stay stopped and ride with them til the regroup next regroup point.

BUT it makes a huge difference that this is my choice. The stop itself is nothing, a feeling of responsibility is something entirely different.

Oh and stopping for someone who is glad for the help and/or company makes me feel good. Stoping for someone who feels entitled to help created a rather different feeling.
Bingo. It isn't that I ever really mind doing the activities involved with the responsibility, it is just that having that responsibility of work, home, and children can be draining. And women, who are mothers know full well what that feeling is like. Even though men help out so much more than they ever did, for the most part most men are seen as helping out rather than the full time parent. How often do I hear men referring to caring for their children for a couple of hours alone as babysitting? Too often. No woman on the planet would view it like this. I have yet to see a family where the dad had the primary duties and the woman was the helper. I am sure it exists, but it sure isn't common. And now, women have all the same responsibilities at work too. It is just too much to try to do it all. Something has to give. And if that is leading a cycling group...well then so be it.