Old 07-18-11, 03:24 PM
RStewinCA

Bikes: Road

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pamestique View Post
Was just there this weekend. The closure is on the small bike trail off Harvard that goes behind hte District. The signs are at Barranca and Harvard saying use the San Diego Creek trail as an alternative. There is no construction scheduled for Barranca and Harvard and the SD Trail is not scheduled to be closed.
FYI: I road down the trail today in the 10:30-noon time frame. There is now a sign on the southwest corner of Harvard/Barranca indicating a bike detour down Harvard (south). Given the placement of the orange signs announcing the dates of the closing, I would guess that the path from that corner heading past Bill Barber Park and down to Back Bay would be affected. (I hope I am wrong.) Coming back inland I never saw any closure signs.

As for the Back Bay Drive part of the path: They resealed San Joaquin Hills Road down to the Back Bay Drive intersection. They have also resealed the outside one third (gutter to the bike lane) of Back Bay Drive from Jamboree down to Shellmaker Road (where Back Bay Drive becomes one way for cars). There is still an unsealed lane that allows you to link to the path behind the Newport Dunes campground.