View Single Post
Old 07-26-11, 11:13 AM
IAmCosmo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by mr,grumpy
For whatever reason, I can not get past the 12 mile mark. I do the same rout and that's it. I get it in my head that if I go farther from home "something will happen" and I won't get back. I can't get up the hills on my route (OK, it's just ONE hill but it's been kicking my but for two years now: I'm pretty sure that I have myself psyched out about it). I don't like my route. It's too narrow and high-speed (cars) and the pavement is rough in spots. There aren't really any better solutions though. Only longer ones!

I'm going on my first "group" ride this week end. My buddy Newt is coming up to ride with me. This guy's bike cost more than my car. If he farts he goes more than 12 miles on that thing! I'm a nervous nelly. I would LOVE to be able to knock out 40 mile rides. I would love to hook up with a local recreational cycle club. As it is, I am the 12 Mile Man.
Turn your computer off. Ride for a while on a different route than the one you always ride. After an hour or so, turn your computer on and see how far you've ridden.