Old 07-27-11, 04:10 PM
yiffzer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
@Jude, the bike was sold as a complete so they had no reason to take out the tires. They did not carry Schwalbe tires either and they'd have to order it in to which I said no thanks -- I would take care of it myself. The tires that came with the bike are already pretty good and I would find healthy use for it in the United States and as well as Spain until I go into North Africa.

Weight of the tent isn't a concern since I do not plan to carry a lot of things with me. I do not plan on cooking either so no stove or cooking materials would be with me. Pricing is all I am concerned about. Since there was a really decent Craftsman tent @ my local shop, I think I will give that a test run.

@fietsbob, I checked out the Bruce Gordon rack -- $189 and $165 which is out of my range. I bet these are amazing though.

@lucille, I think I'll try aluminum -- Topeak's Super Tourist Tubular Bicycle Trunk Rack DX with Side Bar: http://www.amazon.com/Topeak-Super-T...pr_product_top Because I don't intend on carrying a lot of weight.

What's the cheapest price that anyone has ever found on a pair of Ortlieb classic back rollers?