View Single Post
Old 07-28-11, 08:32 AM
giantcfr1
Ha ha ha ha ha

Bikes: 2004 ORBEA Mitis2 Plus Carbon, 2007 Cannondale Bad Boy Si Disc, 2012 Trek Gary Fisher Collection Marlin WSD 29er Aldi Big Box (Polygon) 650b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ColinL
Sorry about the cameraphone-quality images. I do own a digital camera, but it wasn't in my pocket.

Better pics later if there is interest.

Stock bar is a Cannondale C3 650mm. New bar is a Truvativ Holzfeller Team 700mm. I went wider because I have long fingers (attached to my glove size XL hands) and I couldn't move the triggers and shift levers as far inboard as I wanted.
Oh and new Oury lock-on grips too. They are also wider than the stock grips, as my hands went all the way across the Cannondale grips and I rested about 1/3 to 1/2" of my palm on the bar end / lock-on. Not comfy at all!

Fitness ride tomorrow, MTB trails on Sunday. Ride report to follow...
Wow the bars look great. I recently went from 600mm to 660mm on my Cannondale and prefer the extra width. I was thinking of cutting them before installing, but now I'm so glad I didn't. You are obviously much taller than I, so I'm sure you'll be happy with the 700mm, even though it probably sounds wide to most.