View Single Post
Old 07-28-11, 06:19 PM
chefisaac

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Result of the Professional Bike Fitting

I made an appointment today to get a Professional Bike Fitting at the local D&Q bike shop in Cherry Hill, NJ. I knew it was going to cost money, around $100 but I really wanted to ride right and fix my pain in the palms and also the left knee.

So I went there at 6 pm and the guy (Brian) was awesome. He interviewed me first, asked me what pains I was experiancing, etc. Then he told me that we are basically going to "build a house" Start with the sleats, the seat, the legs, the stem and the bars. And we did just that. She fixed the position of my cleates, he moved my seat back, raised my seat up, moved my stem all the way up, fixed my handbar tape and adjusted my handlebars. It was pretty damn neat.

Then he and the mechanic helped me map out a safe route from where I live to where I work. That too was going above and beyond.

And...... he didnt charge me. I owe this guy big time. It feels great to be on my bike. Less preasure on my hands and he taught me how to hold my wrists and not bend them. I feel much better on my arrow bars as well. Awesome awesome awesome.

I will have to hook him up with some food for sure.

He said at the end "what we did today wasent perfect so I expect you to be back sometime or another. Its a tweaking thing".

So glad there are shops that have this kind of customer service.

Last edited by chefisaac; 07-28-11 at 06:37 PM.