jaytxvo

Bikes: Trek FX 7.2, Trek Soho S

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Custom frame paint project help.

Hello,

I have a Trek fx 7.2 and the color is grey/silver. I want to repaint the frame with custom colors and so far from research I gathered that I need to strip the bike down to the frame, clean and sand it. Apply primer and spray paint.

As a note, I have no experience in maintenance and tuning up my bike nor painted before. But I am a fast learner.

I have a few questions I need help on:

1) What is the best brand paint to use that will give it a nice glossy sleep finish.

2) I want to have 2-3 different colors on it and give it a sharp look, I want to paint it similar to this : http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/...01&scname=Road . My question is whats the best way to go about this? I was thinking of getting painters tape ( the blue kind ) and taping off the parts I want painted, but that might not yield perfect curves for the design. Anyone got any tricks and tips?

3) I got my bike tuned up a few months ago, when I dissemble the bike will it be easy to reassemble the bike without much fine tuning? What are some parts on the bike I should pay special attention and make note of when I take it apart to allow me to reassemble without much hassle.