Thread: Beech Mt Climb
View Single Post
Old 06-27-05, 06:14 AM
serotta

Bikes: Serotta, kestrel, Raleigh, Cannondale, Proflex, Santana tandem, Santana Stylus (single), Trek, Schwinn, Azuki, Scattante (fixed)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 16 Posts
You are correct p8rider, the 60+ miles that jppe did puts him in a different class than us. My tongue would be draggin' on the front tire, my butt on the rear one and my stomach on the top tube after doing that 60! Of course, the great views, great roads, and fassstttt downhills really make you ride better than your normal around the house rides.

jppe, you are a brave cyclist to try that route on a Sat. or a Sun. I usually try it mid-week when the tourists aren't flocking to the mountains. I have limited access to a house on the Beech climb. Right turn at the Christmas Shop, then a gated private road to the house. A friend bought the house years ago and offers a standing invitation to me whenever they are there.
I don't know the German "person" you described at the three lane section, but you can be sure I will be on the lookout in the future. I'm usually going 3 or 4 MPH at that point, so the dog would be able to limp along and still feast on my exposed parts.