View Single Post
Old 07-31-11, 04:37 PM
Waxbytes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by FBinNY
Heat does amazing things, that and having your mind elsewhere is all it takes. Just think what might have happened if there was a full moon too.

As I was reading the post, I kept expecting it to end with RD into spokes, but at least you dodged that bullet

And in answer to the headline question. Of course I have, who hasn't?

My personal best wasn't on a bike, but in my business. After changing draining the 30 gallons of cutting oil in one of my screw machines to change over from cutting aluminum to steel, I carefully cleaned the sump and filter basket, flushed the coolant pump and made sure all was OK for fresh heavy duty steel cutting oil. Got my 30 gallon drum, and carefully tipped it into the machine to fill the sump. You got it, forgot to replace the drain plug.
That wasn't an error, you were just make a final rinse with fresh oil to ensure a good cleanup job...or so you tell the boss ...

Back to the OP, yeah I've got my derailers mixed up, but in my defense it was downtube adjusters in a crossover setup.
No real damage, other than not being able to tune out the rubbing noise and being perplexed as to why for the duration of the ride.
I've done way worse but thankfully I have a bad memory for mistakes.