View Single Post
Old 08-02-11, 11:41 AM
lemondirgopie

Bikes: 1970 Raleigh Ladies Sports & 1987 Schwinn Voyageur

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey, just wanted to add my opinion about this bike. I got to give it a short test ride at a bike shop in San Clemente.
There were two big problems I had with it:
-The handlebars seemed weird to me. They were at an uncomfortable angle that I could see getting tiring very easily. It's possible that it's better for people with wider shoulders (my boyfriend didn't seem to notice it as much), though it was the first thing that stood out to me.
-The cheap components were very evident. The shifting was clunky and all-around not good and it had a cheap feel to it.

Despite those complaints, I think that something like this would be a good cheap option for someone that wants a cargo bike but either can't afford the other options or doesn't have the knowledge or skills to put together an xtracycle kit. It's true that switching out components can get expensive, adding up sometimes to as much as another bike, but I could see that the tiered payment option that switching out components gradually could be good for some.
I don't think I would buy this bike (we are instead looking at the Yuba Mundo -- we tried one with the electric option and it just ate up the hills there) but I could see why others might.