Old 08-05-11, 07:40 AM
Medic Zero

Bikes: Old steel GT's, for touring and commuting

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
MTB Tahuya?

Didn't know whether to post this in the mountain biking forum or here, figured it was more of a local question - let me know if it should be in the other forum.

I'm tentatively planning on checking out the mountain biking in Tahuya State Forest a week from Monday. I was surprised to not see any threads on it on this site. Anyone ridden there? How is it?

I noticed on another website it suggests it isn't for beginners. I'm not quite a beginner, but most of my experience is with mountain bikes on roads, hauling cargo as a courier, commuting in the city on a MTB, and some bike-camping. I've only been mountain biking a few times but am very comfortable on my bike and have some skills. My bike does have zero suspension though. I'll be riding with my girlfriend, who is a very skilled mountain biker, but rusty, as it has been several years since she's been out in the dirt.

I assume that with 42 miles of trails that we'll be able to find suitable riding for our skill levels and steeds (she has a great aluminum GT MTB - front suspension), but would appreciate a heads up if the park really isn't suited for us and our equipment, and to be steered towards any of the trails that would be most suitable for us. I'm aware we'll probably get muddy.

Thanks!