Old 06-28-05, 11:18 AM
SD Fixed
Traffic shark

Bikes: 2 fixies, 1 road, 29er in the works.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by peripatetic
[color=darkgreen]Personally, given my big mouth and somewhat sour disposition, I would have taken this as an opportunity to give him a small lecture and at the same time, try and soften him up a bit: "REALLY? Are you kidding? It's merely trash, I'm offering to unburden you a bit, maybe even make your job a little easier, and you're actually trying to make money off of it? Man, I can't believe I actually thought you might be cool! Guess I was wrong. That's so uncool." Sounds ridiculous, but guilt is a weapon employed my moms the world over and throughout history to great effect.
If I were the trashman in this case, had you said it to me, I would have hit the compress button. Well, no, I would have the bike in the CAB of the truck. But, in reality, I'd do what it takes to piss you off completely.

The reality being, he wanted 5 bucks. It's reasonable. You expect something for free, at any moment, from a complete stranger, you, are unreasonable.

Given that the original poster was mad because the driver wasn't nice, let me ask you something.

Did you want customer service from a guy who picks up **** all day long? Are you that ****ing ********?