View Single Post
Old 08-09-11, 04:04 PM
motobecane69
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i asked you this in your other post but haven't clicked back on it since earlier but if you add bar ends to your flat bar you will have some more hand positions that will allow you more comfort but still not as many as a drop bar. There is no way your cannondale should be 30lbs. I'm going to assume that weight includes not only the rack but the bag on it as well. I am 6'3 and had a giant rapid xl frame that is much bigger than your bike and it had a steel fork not a carbon fork and it only weighed 26lbs with a rack on it. There are ways you couldget your bike lighter.

My gf is 5'3 so quite a bit taller than you but she rides the Dawes lightning dlx from bikesdirect.com she has the xs 44cm frame size. This bike also has sloping toptube geometry and you would definately fit on it. the only mod i had to make for her was I had to cut down the length of her seatpost because it would hit the screws from the bottle cages (picture the cage screws on the inside of the seat tube. the seat tube is so short because the frame is small.) ONce I cut the seat post down I was able to get the seat low enough for her. As it is, the seat could still be lowered a good 4 or 5 inches which is why I say this bike would probably fit you. it is a very entry level bke and affordable. I personally made a few upgrades to it and actually switched it back to a flat bar bike and put the drops on my bike.

You could convert your quick to drops but many would say it isn't cost effective.