Old 08-10-11, 12:06 PM
Chris_W
Likes to Ride Far

Bikes: road+, gravel, commuter/tourer, tandem, e-cargo, folder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts
The idea of a disc-brake equipped road bike is a great one, but they need to figure out exactly what the target audience for this kind of bike wants. If they want to sell these bikes to long distance riders then they need to sort out the gearing that is being offered. Why not an Ultegra triple option? Or a compact crank with an 11-32 cassette (although I'm not a big fan of that combination)? People could make the switch to a triple themselves, but because the frame has a BB30 bottom bracket, the choice of cranksets is far more limited than it needs to be; alternatively, making the conversion to fit a standard BB is a hassle (and the adaptor adds unnecessary weight), so I'm not a big fan of BB30 frames.

BikeRadar also commented about the use of 130mm rear hub spacing. Obtaining aftermarket wheels for disc brakes in this size is a nightmare, it would have been much better if the bike had 135mm spacing.

I do commend this company's efforts to make a high performance bike that is not designed to be exactly the same as what the pros are riding and what every other company is producing. However, they should have kept certain things more standard (i.e., BB type and rear hub spacing).