Old 08-14-11, 09:20 PM
TandemGeek
hors category

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
August 14th Update (10,782)

As always, these are just summaries. The actual entries with linked websites, objects, video's etc... can be found here:

Blog: http://tandemgeek.wordpress.com
Web: http://www.thetandemlink.com

Yes, I took a week (or two) off...

-------------------------------------

Snippets, August 14, 2011

As a reminder, snippets are usually small items either related to our tandem cycling activities that don’t warrant their own blog entry OR our other activities and interests which may be unrelated to tandem cycling and that also don’t warrant their own blog entry. Facebook: I absolutely suck at Facebook (period). I even posted an [...]

Read more…

Trailblazers Tandem Cycling Club – Serving VI Cyclists in Toronto, Canada

A few weeks back we received a nice note from Audrey Chin to let us know about the TRAILBLAZERS Tandem Cycling Club based in Toronto, Canada. I still need to add a link to their club from TheTandemLink.com, but in the mean time I thought I’d share some information on the club via my blog. The TRAILBLAZERS [...]

Read more…

Tandem Pilots Needed In Atlanta & Columbus, Georgia

If you have a tandem and have ever been interested in volunteering your time, talents and tandem to pilot a visually impaired stoker AND live near Atlanta or Columbus, Georgia, this may be your chance! Our friend and VI tandem cyclist Lori Miller just forwarded an Email posting from Pam Fernandez to the TandemRacing forum [...]

Read more…

2nd Annual Florida Tandem Rally, Oct 28-30 at The Villages

Registration for the 2011 Florida Tandem Rally is now open, but deadlines are approaching, i.e., T-shirt cut-off is Sept 15th. Website HERE. Registration Form HERE. You can find some additional details regarding the event but, in general, even though this is called the 2nd Annual Florida Tandem Rally, it’s technically the 3rd time The Villages [...]

Read more…

Dancing Bear Inn Bicycle Bash Goes Tandem!

Well, sort of… Let’s put it this way, it appears as though several Freeloader Tandem Tour alumni and friends will be participating in the Fall edition of the Dancing Bear Inn’s Bicycle Bash Weekend in Townsend, Tennessee the weekend of Sept 9 – 11. Although this will be the first Bicycle Bash Weekend that we’ve attended, [...]

Read more…

The D.I.C.E. Weekend: One of the Georgia Tandem Club’s August Rides

Well, it was a week ago Saturday… so this is a belated report … but we actually made it out for the first of two Georgia Tandem Club rides scheduled for August. Or, to be more accurate, the first of two planned events for August in that the Double Ice Cream Extravaganza (DICE) Weekend was [...]

Read more…

Craig Calfee – Bicycle Designer (Lincoln Advert)

Just received an Email from our friend and builder Craig Calfee with a link to Lincoln’s “New Century Design: An idea series” web-based advert featuring Craig, Guy Kawasaki, Lincon Designer Max Wolff & the architecture design firm ArvoKO. It’s an amazingly well-done piece on Craig (and the others, for that matter) that features his work [...]

Read more…

Yup… Another Bout of Writer’s Block

We hope to return to our regular programming as soon as I can focus on a few subjects that would be of interest to the broader audience. I believe the combination of not enough cycling + the weather + current world events that has derailed my writings. Lots of Harley stuff going on, but that’s [...]

Read more…

Tandem Down Near Aspen, CO: No Major Injuries In This Instance

A tandem team from Broomfield, Colorado was struck by a motorist who “didn’t see them“. In this instance, initial reports seem to indicate there were no life-threatening injuries after it was initially thought the stoker had suffered a broken leg. The incident happened in Basalt, Colorado outside of Aspen where an 83-year old motorist turned [...]

Read more…

Sad News: Another Tandem Team Run Down, This Time In Onedia Wisconsin

Not too many details are available just yet, but according to local news accounts Kris Hanson (56) and her husband Douglas (59) were hit from behind by a 2007 Chevrolet Corvette driven by Michael Gustmas (55) in Onedia, Wisconsin while riding their tandem along County Highway EE near County Highway C on Monday. Sadly, Kris Hanson [...]

Read more…