Old 08-19-11, 10:42 AM
electrizer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MichaelW
Do you need front panniers for your tour? You cant put these on carbon forks.
The only front rack would be a Nitto M12 which takes racktop bags or items strapped on.
I thought about that. Considering that I will be going via 'civilised' areas with plenty of goods outlets I imagine that I won't have to take too much stuff with me, hence I reckon that a rear pannier + optionally a bar bag will suffice.

Originally Posted by fietsbob
Towing a 2 wheel trailer will be Good ,
but if you want to run racks and Panniers ,
on the front, especially,
look for a bike, from the how will the racks fit on this.. perspective.

how about a nice steel, Reynolds , so of British Tubes and made there? Bike.

As far as the trip, seems ferry, Hull? to Denmark and another from Copenhagen,

to the western most Port on the Polish Baltic Coast, I took that one before my self,

then head across Poland. makes the trip pretty reasonable.
Here's the deal. I am not by any means bent on buying and using that Sirrus Elite. Also, Im the kind of guy that prefers to get good equipment for the sake of peace of mind. I wouldn't rather try putting that Sirrus to a trial worrying that something might happen. However, due to personal preference and aesthetic reasons, I would like my bike to look fairly modern. As I said, apart from doing that trip, I would still use it daily to commute. Someone recommended to me a Condor Heritage. But I can't find a frame separately anywhere. I really want to get into touring and in the long run building a proper touring bike seems like a sensible idea to me. Any brands/particular frames that you could recommend that would tick that above box? And regarding the trailer, I would really like to avoid having to take one of those things.

One question: what do those numbers on frames like 531 or 631 mean?