View Single Post
Old 08-21-11, 02:40 PM
DarrenW

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I signed up a while ago but have only just gotten round to having a look through here (Hi!), and I've just sat and read this thread from the start. Some fantastic bikes in here! Here's my 3-Speeder:

1980 Raleigh Esquire by retromotoring, on Flickr

It's a 1980 Raleigh Esquire, and that photo was taken on the first day I got it in December 2010 - given to me by a friend who collects old bikes. I've replaced the crumbly tyres with Schwalbe Delta Cruisers, and have added a modern rack for the time being, I'll find something more suitable when time/money allows. I've also had to add a trigger-shift for the SA hub as I just couldn't get the original cable for the grip-shift to work properly.

1980 Raleigh Esquire by retromotoring, on Flickr

Apart from that it's pretty much as I got it... I've done about 1500 miles on it this year and I absolutely love it! I hadn't ridden a bike for maybe 20 years and I've really got the bug now.

I'm on holiday in Bavaria at the moment (Garmisch-Partenkirchen) and I have brought it with me, it stands out amongst all the modern bikes for sure!

Cycling around Garmisch-Partenkirchen by retromotoring, on Flickr

1980 Raleigh Esquire on the way to Eibsee by retromotoring, on Flickr

Things to do to it include a new saddle (the one that came with it is incorrect and has finally broken although I can manage for the moment), fit a new chain (it looks very slack!) and I think I shall give it a good checking over and clean before the weather starts to get wet(ter) in the coming months.

Hope you like it!