View Single Post
Old 08-24-11, 10:27 AM
pocky

Bikes: '00 Kona Yee Ha, '83 Schwinn World (fix), '96 KHS Montana Descent (w/ RS XC-32), '05 Fort Ro.SLC (totaled), '01 Burley Rumba tandem, '15 Mattioli R1, '14 Nashbar Big Ol' Fat Bike, '96 Fuji Marlboro folder (drops), '04 Jamis Satellite, '04 Giant TCX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not exactly metro Boston, but our weekend trip to Western MA was great. Rode the rail trail to Amherst the first day, hiked Mt. Holyoke the second day, and rode the rail trail over the bridge to breakfast in Northampton the third day. I stayed on the tandem with my wife the whole time, and our friends rode our single bikes. Glad I brought more bikes than necessary -- the Kona turned out to be too long for Frank, so he switched to my MTB and was much more comfortable. Would have wanted to put in more miles, but our friends were a bit new to it.

I'll have to post a photo of our hatchback with the tandem on the tandem roof rack on the left side, a single bike on the other roof rack on the right side, and three more bikes on the trunk rack. All stable, stayed tight, zero problems. Got a very interested passerby while we were unloading, who asked me about the trunk rack (Rhode Gear Pro, which could optionally hold a whopping 4 bikes with the two more optional brackets), and took a picture so he could "justify the purchase to his wife".

Last edited by pocky; 08-24-11 at 10:30 AM.