View Single Post
Old 08-24-11, 05:50 PM
CACycling

Bikes: 2009 Fuji Roubaix RC; 2011 Fuji Cross 2.0; '92 Diamond Back Ascent EX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts
I assume most bikes will come about the same way. You'll need to attach the stem (bars w/ brifters and bar tape will already be attached), front wheel, pedals, seat post (saddle will probably already be on the post). Usually the FD, RD and rear brake are in place and cabled. Front brake may or may not be installed and you'll need to attach the cable. Limits will probably be set for FD & RD but may need a tweek. You'll definately need to do some fine tuning on shifters and brakes. Wheels may need a touch up (doubt much more on a bike of this quality but you never know). Then there are the reflectors It isn't a huge job but I like to spend my time checking and lubing everything as I assemble so I know it is all ready to go.

It can easily be done is a couple of hours even if you take your time. Whether you'll be able to get it fit right for that long of a ride on your first try is the bigger question. My guess is you'll either find yourself putting up with the fit (which won't make for an enjoyable ride) or having to stop several times for minor adjustments (which won't be enjoyable for those you are riding with).