Old 08-25-11, 10:59 PM
Lexi01

Bikes: Cannondale Supersix Hi-Mod / Scott Spark 930 / Scott Sportster 20 / Jamis Allegro 2.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr Manhattan
I thought about getting a scott sub but some blog of a sub with a cracked frame put me off. I want something that isn't going to break on me. Even though I use to ride I would class myself as a beginner because it's been so long.
Of course you realise 1 cracked frame doesn't mean all Scotts will break...my mate's Cannondale cracked a few months ago...still reckon they're pretty good bikes.

Don't get me wrong, I've been guilty of slamming brands due to one bad experience...and it was perhaps a little unfair in retrospect.

I've got a Scott Sportster...awesome bikes...highly recommend them.

With regards size...I'm 6ft 5. and I was absolutley a XXL in the Cannondale Quicks. Be careful with getting a L at your height. If you can find a LBS with a L and an XL and sit on both. Be aware that if you haven't riden for a while you'll probably be pretty comfortable with a lower (incorrect) seat position...but after a while you'll learn the proper positions and you'll have to shift your seat up. At 6ft 2 i reckon you'll run out of extension on a L if you're riding with proper leg extension.