Old 08-26-11, 05:59 PM
Keith99

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NormDeplume
The thing I'm reacting to is the implied "there's nothing we can do to force the kid to be sensible" tone of the email. It's a tone that might not be picked up without living here, in a place where it's assumed that the only people who bike are too poor for a car or have lost a license due to DUI.

I'd be happy to go after the city maintenance people, and my question from the OP stands: how do I get started with that? I've googled this issue multiple times over the years, and tend to find a lot of suggestions to call my Congressman. I need ways to convince the city council that bike lanes are a good idea. I'm asking for help, here. I'm really not trying to be unreasonable.
Ah, now your anger makes some sense. But still it really isn't the school so much as the yokels.

I am still a bit curious if there is a better route. Honestly near me I can think of a half dozen schools and all ahve at least one route I'd consider not safe. (One would pretty much have nothing but safe routes except for the mass of kids being dropped off. Streets as safe as one could hope for except when school is starting or ending). Oops just thought of one other school, it might be totally safe, I'd have to know the lines for where it draws students from.