View Single Post
Old 09-01-11, 06:06 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 174 Times in 115 Posts
Originally Posted by dcrowell
So we're bug connoisseurs now? I've never tried an ant. I'll keep that in mind. I can't say I've run into one while cycling.
I actually have tried an ant, but not on the bikes.

I used to work with a guy from Columbia. He'd go home to visit family every year. One year when he came back, he brought a tupperware container full of queen ants fried in butter. He told me back home they eat them like popcorn, then proceeded to pop a few in his mouth.

Me and another guy decided that if he could eat these things, we could too. So we grabbed some and tried them. For some weird reason it was harder to put my hand into the bowl than it was to eat the thing. A whole crowd of people gathered to watch us eat these things, as we were the only ones who would.

The flavor reminded me of a corn nut. The texture was kind of like popcorn.

This was right at the end of our shift. The other guy who tried it with me went home, grabbed his wife, gave her a deep kiss and then said, "Guess what I just ate?"

My wife and I went to a movie that night with some friends. As I was standing in line for the tickets, I felt something in my teeth. I reached in and yanked out a leg that had been stuck there. My wife nearly fainted on the spot.