Old 09-04-11, 12:53 PM
Nightshade
Humvee of bikes =Worksman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by dimethyl
thank you NS solid advice seeing as i only have flats atm any recommendations on hand position? I do my best to redistribute my weight more to my rear but then my back starts hurting IDK i believe a correct bike fitting would do me right.. when i went to the LBS i purchased my bike based on "sturdyness" rather than comfort being i was 290 lbs. back then and was scared i would break anything i got on .... now i ride alot more for alot longer distance and am feeling more discomfort now then i was back then, I do need to see a doc. about the numbness tho and yes any links on the subject would help, a quick google search turned me to wiki lol to find out what nerve you guys were talking about lol
Don't be afraid to change your handle bars, your seat , your seat post, your stem to get the bike dialed into "you". These things are all really cheap to buy.

IMO, most bike today have a set of generic flat bars or drops that are really right for no one. In fact, I think it's an insult to the customer base to force them to ride crappy bars and seats.

Originally Posted by krazygluon
Steel: nearly a thousand years of metallurgical development
Aluminum: barely a hundred, which one would you rather have under your butt at 30mph?