Old 09-06-11, 12:54 PM
STP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Andy_K
Note also also: Some people will tell you that you should step your right foot through between your left leg and the bike before unclipping your left foot or touching the ground. I am convinced this is non-sense. You can do it that way if you like, but stepping behind your left foot as you unclip the left foot works well and is much easier.
Yeah, don't do this. Step behind. Stepping through is the old way of doing it and it's not taught anymore.

Originally Posted by Andy_K
4. Get ready to get on the bike. At this point, I'm assuming a non-flying mount. Mr. Smith will need to tell you how the flying mount works. The way I was taught assumes that remounting doesn't actually involve jumping. Start by standing beside your bike and lifting your leg up onto the saddle. You want your thigh on the saddle with your knee just across. Practice lifting your leg up to this position until it feels natural, then work on doing it from a walk. Eventually, you're going to want to slide onto the bike from that position.
You have to push off the ground with your left foot to get your right thigh over the seat. Don't hop or jump, push!