horatio 
Hump, what hump?

Bikes: See signature

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked 202 Times in 130 Posts
Originally Posted by randyjawa View Post
I have owned lots of Miele bicycles over the years and still have one very rare one tucked away in The Old Shed. They are, generally, good bicycles but the one mentioned by the OP is nothing special.

Vintage Bicycle Value, of course, depends on many things, and some have nothing to do with the bicycle itself. Size, location, condition, model and the like all play an important part in defining final value.

$600 for a Lupa. I would not pay that much in my area. However, in Toronto or some of the other eastern cities of Canada, perhaps it will go for that, but I doubt it. Three hundred would seem more reasonable at this time of year.

Hope that is a help.
Yes. Thanks, Randy and Thrifty Bill. I thought his price was too high to begin with for a mid-range model. I just can't believe he raised the asking price! The components appear to be a mismatch of stuff - 105 derailleurs and SR crank. Haven't asked about the wheels. His ad indicates it has brifters, but I seriously doubt that when the photo clearly shows non-aero brake levers, the kind where the cable comes out the top.
2010 AB T1X ** 2010 Cannondale SIX-5 ** 1993 Cannondale RS900 ** 1989 Bianchi Brava ** 1988 Nishiki Olympic ** 1987 Centurion Ironman Expert(2) ** 1985 DeRosa Professional SLX ** 1982 Basso Gap ** 198? Ciocc Designer '84 ** 198? Ciocc Competition SL ** 19?? Roberts Audax ** 198? Brian Rourke ** 1982 Mercian Olympic ** 1970 Raleigh Professional MK I ** 1952 Raleigh Sports