Old 09-08-11, 05:46 AM
twerney

Bikes: Fuji carbon fiber

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks all, I appreciate the shipping and direction help. I talked this over with (level headed) GF.. She reminded me of my original plan with my daughter. years ago (before I even knew what college she might attend) I told her if she is out in Cali I will ride out for her graduation. Seriously. So about two years ago I remebered that and started planning. I have not toured on a bicycle in 30 years, back in the late 70s early 80s. So I was reminded of my original plan and agreed I will stick with it. Even though going west to east is a better choice. I called REI. They will box it up but not ship it. I will call some bike shops out there and ground transfer it back East. I like a challenge and this will be one in march. I bought a hefty tent for weather. I need some cold weather gear. Much planning to do.plus I need to cover some ground being still employed going on limited leave(two months) I did triathlons before gearing up for this ride. I have a navarro safari 30lb bike. I have difficulty cruising at 15mph with out packs. I have all day to ride and going alone (unless anyone is riding then) I will cruise. thanks all.