jfmckenna
Tiocfáidh ár Lá

Bikes: A whole bunch-a bikes.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by jsharr View Post
What are you getting? I have had a hankering for a new boat lately. We sold our Cal 20 a few years back. Want something that is easy to sail to it's handicap to make it a good PHRF racer. Cal 20 was a giant slayer when sailed well.
A Voyager '14. Exactly like this one: http://voyager14themightyatom.blogspot.com/. She's no racer but a nice little day sailor. I've got a Laser also but my wife has shown interest in sailing and the laser really is no fun with two aboard. I'm trying to sell the laser so it doesn't look like I'm running a boat yard in my back yard. But I will miss her and secretly hope no one buys

Originally Posted by jdon View Post
Cal 20 was my learner boat. Great boat, lots of fun but I planned to live aboard while going to school and bought a Fraser 30. I had that for a few years and upgraded to a locally built 40 ft shiplap sloop. Great for living aboard but nasty on the maintenance. Oh the college stories that old girl could tell! I sold it when I got married and was boatless until 4 years ago when we bought a Beneteau 36.7. Overkill for the (not so) Great Lakes but she will be a fresh water vessel until I move it to Vancouver. That won't be for another 10 years or so... Sail on boys!
Very cool