View Single Post
Old 07-01-05, 10:09 PM
CMcMahon

Bikes: Solid AA

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well, it's definitely worth a lot more money than I said, but I wouldn't trust it. Titanium isn't the best material for welded frames, particularily ones that are going to be jumped (assuming that you don't manual everything at the track).

For flatland, it should be a fine material - I haven't heard of any problems with any ti flat frames, such as the Ares Ti Choise, but, on the other hand, you rarely hear of people snapping flatland frames anyways, unless they ride street on it also.

Also, that's most definitely not a flat frame. The top tube is too long, I can tell that just by looking at it, and the 990s are mounted on the bottom, which is a major no-no due to the insanely low gearing (20-11, anyone?) flatlanders often use.

And it's not a race frame, because I can tell at a glance that it has 14mm dropouts, as opposed to 10mm (3/8"), and it has u-brake mounts on the chainstays instead of v-brakes mounts on the seatstays.

I'm going to go out on a whim and take a guess that that's the Creedence frame; they don't make too many of them, due to the ridiculous price, but it's the only ti freestyle frame that I can think of offhand, although I do remember a European company producing frames for around $1000 each awhile back.