View Single Post
Old 09-10-11, 01:40 AM
alecw35

Bikes: Many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I went to the yard on friday. but they had the grab crane thing in to tidy up a bit. I had wanted the bars and stem and rear wheel from a ladies roadster. It was gone. I passed the tree I had stashed the Specialized hybrid under, was still there. I walked thru the valley in the mountain of metal. the ladies bike was on the north face. It had been grabbed by the rear wheel, wrecking the rim,tyre and tube. grrr. I wanted the tyre for my Roadster. didnt want the rim. as Im going to build the AW hub into a 20" 406 alloy rim. when I find out the spoke lengths. I had my adjustable spanner in my pocket. so took the wheel off. undid the expander bolt in the ITM stem. and the stem come out the forks no problem. I found a screwdriver and took the gear cable clamp off the chainstay. I found a MTB front wheel. taco rim but nice hub and stainless spokes. so will use them on other bikes. I went to the tree. the Hybrid was gone. grrrrr. there was others in the yard. they had took it while I was there. I got the 700c front wheel that had been with the specialzed. nice hub and stainless spokes. but rim was worn thin. so will be more spares for another wheel. so thats all I got. was 5kg weight. £2.
The ITM roadster alloy bars and stem will go on the Stowaway. the look to be 1970s in design. got a hole on the front of the bar clamp. lightweight.