Bikes: 2017 Colnago C-RS, 2012 Colnago Ace, 2010 Giant Cypress hybrid

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 408 Post(s)
Liked 122 Times in 85 Posts
Originally Posted by teachme
Go see a Doctor!
^^^ This

I sometimes think that too many of us (myself included) tend to find reasons to do a self-diagnosis and come up with an answer that is more of an excuse for how we are feeling rather than the actual reason for why we feeling the way we do. Having been in the medical profession for 25 years (retired paramedic) I often tend to use my knowledge to diagnose myself. I should know better because too often, I'm way off the mark.

Several years ago, my wife and I started a low-carb diet and I began loosing weight like crazy. I thought to myself, "this diet is really working great", but I failed to put the other issues that I was having together with the weight loss because I was focused on the weight loss. I was due for my annual physical and was really happy that I could tell my doc about the weight loss that he's been after me to lose. The physical went great and he was very happy with the weight loss until the blood tests came back. Diagnosis: Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML). The CML was the reason for the quick weight loss and not the diet.

To the OP and others, I'm sure that what you are feeling isn't anything near what happened to me, but the fact that you are equating your symptoms as the result of cycling after a short layoff, is the point that I was trying to make with my story. Everyone on this forum is over 50 and even if we are in great shape from cycling, our bodies are still 50+ years old. I think BF is the wrong place for people to ask for medical advise or for a comparison of their symptoms. If you aren't feeling any better after the first day, go see a doctor.

My $.02 cents worth.

2017 Colnago C-RS
2012 Colnago Ace
2010 Giant Cypress