Old 09-11-11, 02:03 PM
Don in Austin
Don from Austin Texas

Bikes: Schwinn S25 "department store crap" FS MTB, home-made CF 26" hybrid, CF road bike with straight bar, various wierd frankenbikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by SBRDude
I live in Texas and it is usually quite safe to pass in the same lane. What often happens, however, is that motorists will give far more room to the cyclist and pass by driving far into the oncoming lane on a two lane road. While I appreciate the extra room, I have seen this almost cause head on collisions in cases where cars are backed up and a 2nd or 3rd car makes the pass in the same process and gets too close to an oncoming car (the first car making the pass had plenty of time, but the cars behind it didn't and might not have realized an oncoming car was approaching until they got out there). On one relatively busy road I have seen this a few times and stopped riding there because I didn't want to be the source of an accident, even though it wouldn't be my fault.
Hi, I am in Austin also. Just wondering, is what you describe at the north end of Emerald Forest or where it turns into Vinson?

Don in Austin