Old 09-11-11, 02:10 PM
david58

Bikes: Fuji Cross Comp, BMC SR02, Surly Krampas

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Andy_K
Did you see the guy who fell on his dismount just before the finish on the last lap? I was the guy right behind him, in the Water.org jersey. Say hello if you see me at a future race.

There's not much to be done for the singletrack stuff except practice. If there's someone right in front of you it can be helpful to ride where he rides. Otherwise, just stay off the brakes and fix your eyes where you want to go and not on the stuff you want to avoid.
That kid ate it hard. Willamette valley clay in the summer is not what I'd wanna crash on like that.

I have some friends that mtn bike a lot. I hope to be able to get some riding with them - but the kind of trails they take me on will likely further define the level of friendship....

Got the dismounts nailed today. From having never done a moving dismount until about 6pm Friday, to today, they are really easy. Remounts are not working nearly as smooth. But baby steps....

Gonna be a couple of weeks before I can race again, probably back at Camp Harlow on Tues nites. But in between I will be working on that cussed remount and the single track.

Now if I could get my drift boat sold so I can afford a road bike, then my CX bike won't have all these split personality problems..