Old 07-02-05, 12:07 PM
RoadToNowhere
mamafitz

Bikes: Serotta CDA, Cannondale R800, mid-80's Bianchi hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lancaster County girl born and bred chiming in here...can't believe I missed this post!

Ditto what the MikeR, "Lem", and Pseudo put out there...people around here are used to the buggies and the horses are used to us. They wouldn't be in the "bike lane" around here because, frankly, I'm not sure we actually have what you call "bike lanes". We have some road shoulders full of potholes and gravel in most places.

Have any of you thought it was curious how sbhikes turned to folks in PA for a horse/buggy question? Apparently our reputation is such across the country that we are a simply a bunch of rural folks who are, naturally, the experts on all rural road questions. I'm not sure whether to feel flattered or insulted...

Living now in the Hershey area, I have to chime in on the driver debate: We have more than our share of visitors to the area, most of whom are NJ, NY, MD...doesn't matter where they're from. The point is that anyone driving in an unfamiliar area tends to be driving in a little bit of a fog, trying to find their way. They're also more likely to bend the traffic laws a little for whatever reason, just to get where they're going. I call it "tourist mentality", which renders them somewhat blameless; and I also know that they are to be watched carefully when riding or driving near to them.

B