Old 07-02-05, 02:03 PM
Calfee girl

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The "technical" name is a Meilograph.. I'd just say map measurer. the one I have was given to me years ago, but doesn't list a manufacturer. I'd suggest an outdoor recreation store or posiibly a book store. you may want to spend some time walking through the yellow pages. Usually, the map legend will tell you the scale of the map and a ruler & adding machine will give you approximate miles. Be careful crossing the Antioch bridge..it's 1 lane each direction and narrow. Don't plan on using it during morning or pm commute traffic times, between 10:30am-2:30pm at the latest would be between commutes. Week-ends are busy too with rv's and vehicles towing boats. The Berkeley hills will give you some fantastic views of the bay area and bridges on a good day.
Expect lots of traffic on hwy 160 off the Antioch bridge and on hwy 12 across the delta to fairfield. Both have some room for bicyclists, but don't count on a lot of curtesy from drivers. 12 is a major route between I-5 and I-80, so lots of trucks & traffic. I might be able to give you some info on your other routes if i know the names of them. I've riden a little of the Berkeley hills and into richmond. 0^0