MediaCreations 
Marathon Cyclist

Bikes: Road Bike / Mountain Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Riding to Beat Cancer

I’m about to undertake a bike ride of over 500 km from Albany to Perth in Western Australia to raise funds for Cancer Council Western Australia. This will be the third year in a row that I’ve cycled for this cause. I feel very strongly about it and if you’ve been effected by cancer, I’m sure you do too. The work being done by Cancer Council Western Australia is having effects right around the world through their high level research.

I’ll be joined by twelve other cyclists and each morning for a week I’ll be sharing cancer stories on the Morning Café, my 98.5 Sonshine FM radio program, before hopping onto my bike just after midday to cycle to the next town. The ride will start on the 31st of October and we’ll arrive back in Perth on Saturday the 5th of November.

There are a couple of ways you can be involved. You can find out more about the ride by reading my blog post, Please Join the Battle Against Cancer or go straight to the Everyday Hero Fund Raising Page.

This year we're also selling the team's limited edition jersey to raise funds to help cover some of the costs associated with the ride. Just check out Buy a Cycling Jersey to Support Cancer Ride.

I'd appreciate any help you can give in making this an event that will make a difference in the lives of those touched by cancer.