View Single Post
Old 09-15-11, 07:06 PM
rekmeyata

Bikes: 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c; 2013 Lynskey Peloton; 1992 Giant Rincon; 1989 Dawes needs parts; 1985 Trek 660; 1985 Fuji Club; 1984 Schwinn Voyager; 1984 Miyata 612; 1977 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked 243 Times in 196 Posts
Originally Posted by Billy Bones
These days, almost invariably.

Long ago...and as a kid-on-a-slim-budget...I purchased based strictly on the wallet. As it became obvious that my 'thing' was cycling...and with the decades of improved economic status...I took [and take] some care to match everything up. It's become part of my overall enjoyment. I've found it's not all that hard to develop a "palette". [I got that term from the sexy gals in my life who talk like that viv-a-vis their wardrobe.]

My particular "palette" is red. That means that when I buy gear I look to all the colors that synch-up with red...red, white, black, all metals. Add to that a tiny spot of yellow in the Italian tri-color [family stuff] or a tiny spot of blue in the French [more family stuff] e voila...a theme! I'll add that most purchases can be synched-up with one basic "pallette" color. [Dunno' about that Bianchi blue-green paint, but even THAT has a kind of dramatic panache.]

OK...silly, no?.

That said, it much increases my enjoyment of getting out there on two wheels every other day. PLUS...[as a 50+ bike forum sort of fellow]...if "somebody's grandmother" gives me a smile as she passes by in her Corrolla, well that's OK, too.

Interesting it is that cycling encompasses a great number of realms, not the least of which is...as you fellows say...lookin' good!!!

Ciao!
Huh? Just a tad flamboyant for my taste, but to each their own.