Old 09-16-11, 04:40 PM
Wogster

Bikes: Old Bike: 1975 Raleigh Delta, New Bike: 2004 Norco Bushpilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Nightshade
It may be very possible that your injury changed your leg geometry and stress load too the point that you can no longer ride in clips. A simple way to tell is install a pair of simple platform pedals on your bike then take a test ride. If your feet are ok then you NEED the ability to have 100% free floating feet during the ride as a result of your injury.
The humerus is the bone that runs between the shoulder and the elbow, so there is no way that, it would cause a saddle related issue. One thing I noted after breaking mine, there is nothing humorous about a broken humerus, mine took a couple of Titanium plates and about 300 screws to hold it together while it healed, so I know.

Feet going to sleep, probably too tight shoes, there are a few things that work against us here....

1) Most bike shoes are Euro-sized, and conversion charts range from pretty close to completely out to lunch.
2) Your shoe size can change over time, you need to have your size checked once in a while, in a shoe store.
3) Shoe sizes are like bicycle sizes, every manufacturer uses a different length ruler.