Old 09-17-11, 11:42 AM
GraysonPeddie

Bikes: Trek Pure Trike (recently bought)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Camera and tablet for daytime traffic light

Hi, everyone. I've came up with something creative (well, almost) that will allow a camera to be my "third eye" for looking at far ahead of me, such as traffic lights. What I thought about is having a camera mounted to a handlebar and a tablet. The first thing that came to mind is an Android tablet, but I want a tablet to do things well, and that is to display what's coming from a bike-mounted camera. So I thought I'd go with Pandigital Novel 7" Tablet and now I'm having trouble searching for a camera in Amazon.com. I don't want to spend upwards of $199 and up, so $150 might seem reasonable to me.

So, for thinking about my budget, my budget will be $300 or so, but does that seem too low? I haven't look for bike and tablet mounts yet, so I thought I might ask.

For thinking about a rain, I could go with a camera that is water-resistant, but for a tablet, I don't think it can sustain the amount of water no matter how heavy the rain is, so if it's very cloudy, I could probably see the traffic lights depending on how dark the clouds are during the daytime.

Yellow filter glasses don't help me out very well, so I thought I'd look for an expensive alternative but still being creative.