Old 09-17-11, 02:35 PM
colleen c
I am a caffine girl

Bikes: 2012 Stumpjumper FSR Comp...2010 Scott CR1 CF...2007 Novara FS Float2.0...2009 Specialized Hardrock Disc...2009 Schwinn Le Tour GSr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I have four MS tailight that I often use. One is on a bike which I ride maybe only one time a week in the dark. However, the other three are mounted on my commuter which I ride in the dark 5days a week throughout the year and in the rain. If you ride the train system here you may have seen my setup....red bike, black cargo box and a gazillion lights. So far none of the four had fail after over 1 year of use (yeah, surprised me too). I got those from Geoman if that makes any diffrence?

The only issue I had so far is the inconsistency of the tension on the rotating ring switch. Some are easy to twist while other are tight. Beside that, I also notice the HET in the circuit does not get trip properly if I rotate the ring too fast. I think the magnet passes through the HET too fast and the HET does not get a signal. If I turn the ring in a normal speed it is not an issue.

As for brightness.....well with three MS it is very bright and many times I gets car pulling over the next lane to their left to pass me although I am in the bike lane . I have yet seen many rider out here set up with Dinotte or MS. Majority are just whatever the LBS sell them. So most likely you will get notice whichever one you choose since it seems driver are more condition to the lower power lights here for the time being.