Old 09-19-11, 01:17 PM
eja_ bottecchia

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1020 Post(s)
Liked 463 Times in 293 Posts
Originally Posted by DropDeadFred
gonna tell you I think your idea on the Shimano shifting is off...I've found that the double tap system is confusing to many and less efficient IMO. I'd rather with either 1 lever or both and know that I got the shift right rather than miss shift because I didn't push hard enough...it makes plenty sense and has never once failed me on my 7800 DA. the only time i get ghost shifts are when I need things tuned...ive never shifted in the wrong directions...ever. although my friend who recently switched to RED from his 105 is having tons of problems getting used to shifting efficiently....oh and he said the hoods of his reds SUCK...they hurt and arent nearly as comfortable as his 105's....but thats just an opinion i guess...
On eof my riding partners friend recently bought a Pinarello FP Quattro with SRAM Force. His reason for going SRAM was to "try something different." Well, in the 10 months since he got his new FP he has done nothing but buttache about how much he hates the SRAM. He goes to the shop, gets an adjustment and he is happy for a day. Then on his next ride he again starts complaining again about the crappy shifts and the missed shifts. It is getting to the point where I almost don't want to ride with him because of all the buttaching and bellyaching.