Old 09-23-11, 08:39 PM
roadbikernovice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
my initial posting

hello all,
i am new to the forum. i have been riding a mountain and hybrid for a number of years primarily for recreational purposes. in april i decided to try a road bike. so i went to a national chain bike store and purchased a fuji road hybrid. i hit the road most evenings after work doing 5, 7, 10 miles, whatever i could get in before dark. on the weekends, i would hit the road to do 15-20 miles early saturday morning. after two months with the road hybrid, i was not satisfied with the transmission on the fuji. back to the bike store to chat with the folks about a trade to upgrade to a true road bike focusing primarily on the transmission that is, the crank and derailleur.
minutes later, i was out the door with my first true road bike.a Scattante R670! since june, i have had a couple of flat tires however, i have enjoyed hitting the road alone to get accustomed to the bike and have fun enjoying my ride. i feel very comfortable on the bike, a 58cm. i am 5'11", 200 lbs.
a lot of folks have invited me to ride with them, or a club however, i prefer my ride alone as i just start riding. i love getting up to 15 -18 mph and going until i need a break. i love listening to my iPhone app that i have customized to track my rides. at two mile intervals, i have it programmed to advise me of the # of miles, calories, avg mph, fastest mile, the time etc. my only regret is that i wished i had starting riding a road bike earlier, what have missed? oh, BTW, i turned 62 this year! look out folks, sometimes i get in my groove and i may pass you by saying only "have a great ride"

rollo